Saturday, October 11, 2008

On the road again....


Those of you that know me well, know that I LOVE to be home.  Unfortunately when you are married to hyper man, weekends are usually spent going somewhere.  I have a theory that being home for hyper man means he feels compelled to work in his at home office.  Hyper man says my theory is wrong and that he just likes to "go places".  So this weekend we were on the road again.
     Now the best part of going places with Jim is that he balances what he likes to do with what I like to do.  So he drives, takes photos and finds great places to eat and I check out quilt shops!!!!  This makes for a great traveling relationship. 
     But there are other parts of going with Jim that I love too.  I love the time to talk about all sorts of things uninterrupted by distractions at home.  I loved the crisp little apple cookies we found in Julian, and that Jim was singing at the top of his lungs to a Neil Diamond song while driving hairpin curves on the way to Palm Desert.
     All in all, it was a great and fun trip.   Don't tell hyper man this, but I actually enjoy going places with him.  I still like being home, but there is something wonderful about wanting to spend this time together...even after all these years. 

1 comment:

Pam said...

Annelies ...I love your blog and pictures!! Not to mention how inspiring it is ...good job and I love hearing about your trips!! --Pam