Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Joy of Spring Break.....

My very favorite school teacher had her Spring Break this week....and kindly spent much of the time with me.  Nothing says Spring like the Carlsbad Flower Fields, and I don't think they have ever been lovelier.
We did some shopping at the Cedros Design District and NO surprise, I came home with bunnies!!!!  They aren't just for Easter you know!!!!
This cute shop was all about "Coastal Design".....I could move into the cottage in a heartbeat!
Who knew that my sweet daughter could be bitten by the garden bug like her Mom....but one look at all the delightful plants had us filling up a tray for her and Dustin's condo balcony.
Meghan had a great time planting her small garden. I can't wait to visit.
We decided to invite our other best girlfriend to join us at the beach.  Oma was the first to notice that we were NOT ALONE!!!!
This sweet little pup was our companion.  But our motherly instinct was one of concern and so we called Animal Control....who in turn got in touch with Sea World.  They scooped up our little friend and took her/him to be treated for dehydration and malnutrition.  Who knew that seals could be dehydrated???? 

 We hope Seashell is doing ok...and YES, we did name our new little friend!!!!  It has been the best Spring Vacation, and now my sweet little teacher is counting the days until summer break.  ME TOO!!!! 

4 comments:

jessica said...

Oh I'm counting down the days too! As soon as school is out, we are headed over to admire your stash of repro's :) And thank you for the thumb-sucking encouragement! I already feel better about it :) I want to go vintage hunting with my Dease girls! Cedros is my fave...how fun!

Meghan said...

Okay... if you ever whip out your camera at the beach when I'm in a bathing suit again there will be no more Carlsbad outings!!! :) (Who knew that would be for blog usage! I miss our little Seashell. And I am already missing you! Love you!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

How cute you had a visitor on the beach. Seashell, cute name.
Love the bunnies you bought and I too could move into that cottage.

Jacqueline Korteland Boller said...

You look great, Meghan!! It's ME your mom better not point the camera at when I'm in a bathingsuit!!!