Saturday, May 1, 2010

May Day, May Day.....

So on the most lovely of Spring days, we gather together to go......

.....SHOPPING!!!! What a fun event this was. The first of what I hope will be MANY gatherings of the Queen Bee Market.
Located blessedly right by home ( we bumped into people who drove HOURS to get there) we were immersed in the most joyous creative ETSY boutique.
I saw faces that I recognized from Blogland, and names of ETSY shops that I frequent. I did have to ponder....was there life before blogs?????

I wasn't sure about taking photos...and it was SOOOO crowded ( note to Queen Bee to get a larger venue for next time), but had to share this one delicious photo. This is what you get when you combine simple with creative genius. This was from "Joy's Hope" and I fell in LOVE!!!!
Here is what we did buy....crocheted hat for a precious baby I know, a delightful cake stand that combined a vintage plate and crystal base, fabric necklace and pin, and fabric ( of course). Sorry for the not so clear photo. You can always click to see closer and catch a glimpse of the business cards of some of the vendors too!
So I look at my latest stash purchases and feel a renewal and excitement about what I can make. That is the joy of bloggy inspiration.....the cost is free and the value is priceless!!!

7 comments:

annieb said...

What a wonderful day! Lucky you.You are right- days like that are priceless.

Meghan said...

I can't wait to go again next time. I already filled my cute little plate with cookies. I LOVE it!

Carol said...

What a wonderful day! Love your fabric!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

That looks like a fun place to shop. I love that little hat. OMG adorable.
Love the new fabric your going to sew with. So dainty. Just like me. lolol

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I hope I always believe in the MAGIC.....Four weeks from today we will be with Mickey....glad you stopped by

Beverly said...

Sounds like a great show. I have never heard of an Etsy Boutique. Great idea.
Love the little hat. I have a friend who sells those and I just bought 3 to embellish for my Emmy.
Funny the Marabella collection is what I did my Brooke's dress for her 2nd birthday. Also made her a purse. I will be posting it soon.
I love those fabrics and think I will buy more. Are you making a quilt out of the pattern I saw in the picture?

Suzanne said...

I wanted you to know that the dress that Beverly made for me at Strawberry Patches is Macy Giggles by Izzy and Ivy.