Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Match Made in Heaven.....


No...I am not talking about perfectly matched seams.


I am not even talking about Jim and I ....although my husband is a HUGE blessing in my life.


The match made in Heaven are our neighbors Linda and Denny. How many people can boast about a neighbor who LOVES to quilt and that her husband happens to LOVE photography.

Which means that our husbands like to hang out together and so do Linda and I!!!!

They are huge fans of that Apple Farm too....imagine that. The boys just happened to have a photo seminar in the area and Linda and I decided to turn this delightful room into a sewing retreat.



This cute area was turned into this......


With a lobby that provides tea, coffee, fresh apple cider ( and to die for cookies), a waterwheel positioned right by the window that brought us the calming sound of running water.....


....and a stash of our favorite food groups represented, we were in sewing Heaven!!!!


The floor became our design wall.


With hours of time to do nothing but sew ( with breaks for shopping....for more fabric of course) we completed these adorable Fall quilt projects. This is my quilt....


....and this is Linda's. Both are SEW adorable.


We are both in the mode of de-stashing, so our scraps were turned into these tablerunners.

It was the BEST retreat...and speaking of retreats, I am packing my bags again. I leave tomorrow for a week with Eleanor Burns and the Quilt in A Day girls.

That means I will be coming home with more pictures, and lots of stories to share. Hugs for all of you til then. XXX

8 comments:

Carol said...

PERFECTLY WONDERFUL! Have a blast at your upcoming retreat!

Highland Monkey's said...

Looks like you had everything that you need there (including the must have chocs!) what bliss and ending up with some super quilts.

Jacqueline Korteland Boller said...

Pretty quilts and what a nice retreat!

Cheryl said...

How perfect....I think someone already said that!!! Woohoo..three days to see you!

Sandra said...

Looks like you had a productive get-away with your friends. How fun to share similar interests. I also enjoy taking my sewing machine with me on vacation. Seems eaiser to focus on projects with no other distractions like cooking and cleaning to deter my efforts.

Taria M. said...

As you could guess, I LOVED this post. :)) Dennis and Linda are definitely special, and I'm so glad that you all have each other. :) I miss you and hope you're doing well! Give your beautiful daughter a hug for me!

Miss Jean said...

What a great place for a retreat!!!!!

Beverly said...

Do you know how jealous I am. The Apple Farm. My favorite get away place and a mini quilt retreat too.
Really looks like fun and you two got so much done. Love your fall projects. I love seeing the inside of the room too. They are all a little different.