Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Bunnies and Ramblings.....


Our sweet Donovan is recovering nicely. I am humbled by the blessings of God, and reduced to teary smiles when I look into this sweet face.


I think prayers need to be directed for Donovan's sweet Mommy. She needs peace to realize that every sputter and hiccup is not a choking spell and that when he feels warm it is because we have been holding him close and cozy...and it is not a fever.

It will take time.


I woke up at 5am.....I guess my BRIEF stay in Tennessee still has me on East Coast time. I lay there thinking I need to get out of my funk and what is better for my spirit than BUNNIES!!!!
So I went thru my quilt stash, pulled out everything that felt like Easter and have great plans to decorate.

Do I dare admit that I still find Christmas things on display that I have not had time to put away????



So my plan this week is to find that spirit of refreshment that Spring brings. A few chicks and bunnies can't hurt.


Yesterday my Mom said "you ARE coming to knitting tonight, aren't you". I have to admit I felt beyond exhausted and really wanted more than anything to just crawl into bed.

But you never say NO to Mom so I arrived....late, and with no knitting project since they are still packed in the car with my sweet husband who is making his way slowly home.

To greet me were my knitting buddies, all sweetly asking about Donovan. Sweetest of all were a bunch of tulips that Marilee had brought for all of us. She is a huge blessing in my life, and I am grateful for her friendship.



I want to thank ALL of my sweet blog friends who have sent notes of encouragement and let me know you were praying for us. I promise to send you all personal notes...but right now I have to straighten out some quilts and place some bunnies all around the house.

....and most important of all, I need to get back to the "honey bunny" who makes my heart smile with his funny grin. I didn't quite get the vacation I was expecting when I left last week, but my heart still feels renewed.

I guess that is all the vacation I really needed!!!!

5 comments:

Patty said...

So glad to see Donovan smiling and with his Momma, time will heal and help make her less anxious. But are we ever far from worrying about our children no matter what their age? Hug that little man for me. God is good.

Jacqueline Korteland Boller said...

So glad Donovan looks so happy!! I know it rattled my nerves when right after Kara was born, we took 18 month Will to urgent care with an earache...he was taken care of quickly, but the doctor was more concerned that 2 day old Kara was exposed to a virus and did xrays and tests...really was traumatic to me. So I do hope Meghan shakes it off better than I did!!! Love to all!

Julie Isa said...

I am SO very happy to hear all is getting better. I don't blame momma one bit, even after having all my children I worry and listen to make sure they are breathing. Children just keep our hearts on our sleeves. LOVE them! Take care and happy decorating!

Beverly said...

Well, I am so relieved that everything is all right now. I haven't been keeping up with my blog reading for a while. I feel so bad because I could have been praying too. He looks healthy and happy now and his cheeks are pudgy, so hopefully didn't lose too much weight. Scary for a new Mom and Dad though, and an Oma who is so far away.
I will be praying that all remains well now.
Maybe there will be another trip soon in your future.

Carol said...

I'm so happy to hear that things are improving...Donovan sure looks happy...what a wonderful picture with his mom...sending lots of good thoughts for her...sending her peace.