Monday, April 30, 2012

Did I say QUILT SHOPS????


Jim and I are pretty balanced travelers.

He takes LOTS of photos
and I
beg him to stop at LOTS of quilt shops!!!!


In Between Stitches is charming from the get go.

I am in love from the front window display.....


....to the abundance of favorite fabrics inside the door.

Do you see the Flower Sugar in disarray.
Guilty as charged!!!!


The shop is bright and cheerful,
and so are the ladies who work there.


It is always on my MUST list when we get near the Bay area.


Thimblecreek has lots of patterns from designers I adore.


Such fun to see Anne Sutton
and Joanne Figueora's quilts up close and personal.


This shop in the Napa Area was new for me.


Wonderful fabric collections, very sweet employees....


....and look whose pattern they had on display.

I felt like a SUPERSTAR (G)!!!!


One of the other customers told me to stop at this shop too.

Well...if I must!!!

The quilts and fabrics were diverse and inspirational.


But one cannot limit oneself to only quilt shopping....oh no!!!

There were lovely gift shops everywhere.
Good thing I am an
equal opportunity shopaholic!!!!


Just love this yarn shop in SLO....


Lots of choices and great prices too.

So the next post will share
WHAT I bought and
what I will do with my splurges.

Travelling is so much more fun
when shopping is included!!!!

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

The only thing I can say is WOW!!!!! And yes you are a super star! Camp is less than a month away :-)!

Candace said...

What lively ideas in the quiltshops! And what a nice gift shop!

Betty Lou said...

So many great quilt shops, it's mind boggling. What a great trip, thank you for sharing.

Yvonne said...

You are so right, that is what I love when traveling!
What a darling husband do you have to let you go to all these shops during your vacation and even take the pictures for you.
The shops are amazing!

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

When my honey and I travel, we go to quilt shops and Harley Davidson stores. =D

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Annelies,
I just found your blog through Beverly at "My Sew Sweet Studio". It's a pleasure to meet you.
I love "In Between Stitches" in Livermore. I have purchased many yards of fabric from them.
I will be in Kauai next week and will be visiting the quilt shop there. I have only been quilting for a year now, but love love love it!
I have become your newest follower.
Have a sweet day, Elizabeth

Beverly said...

Now that is my kinda fun. I love visiting quilts stores. Even when I can only take one thing home from each. I almost always remember where I get a fabric or pattern. It always amazes me how alike, but different each store is.
Your pattern reminded me that I have that pattern and a jellyroll tucked away somewhere...must find it. I am in such a quilt mode.
Wonder why??