Friday, May 25, 2012

Good News...and MORE Good News


Clare "wished" for a baby sister
...and here she is!!!

Laurel Elizabeth weighed 6lbs and is 18" long.

She is delightfully adorable and we all feel so blessed.

The last few days have not been easy ones.
Sweet Laurel is in the NICU,
due to some respiratory problems and an infection.

The days have been filled with tears and hope
...and lots of prayers and support from so many.

We can't thank you enough.

The Drs and NICU staff have been very reassuring.
In fact the BEST news came today
when we heard that the infection is decreasing with the antibiotics.

Jill has been released to go home and Laurel will remain for at least another week.
The children live just minutes away from the hospital...another blessing.

I owe lots of emails....and I know you forgive me.

But for now, I am downstairs making meals
to sustain the family thru the weekend.

Please keep Mom, Dad and kiddos in your prayers.

We can't wait to have Laurel home....Clare needs someone to
help with tea parties!!!


8 comments:

Carol said...

She's just beautiful...sending lots of prayers and good thoughts!

Linda in Calif. said...

Oh my! She is so sweet! So glad the doc have found something that is working. Im praying she comes home soon. (And praying for the rest of the family too). Take care.

Leesie said...

We're sayin' our prayers too. It will all be fine, we are sure... but we send lots of hugs to all of you.
xo

mkbruin said...

Congratulations on this beautiful new addition to your family! Lots of prayers that a happy and healthy Laurel will be headed home soon : )

Yvonne said...

What a beautiful name for a precious baby girl. Congratulations to you all. What a blessing. So glad to read that she is doing well now and will hopefully be home soon.

Unknown said...

Blessings to you and your new sweet little grandbaby. Our youngest was in the NICU for 2.5 months - we are so thankful for NICU doctors, nurses & the grandma's that pray each day. Hugs & love to you, from Seattle.

Beverly said...

Congratulations to all of you, especially little Clare whose wish came true. I'm sorry to hear there were complications, but so thankful that she is getting better. I wish I would have read this sooner, but as of this minute, prayers are being said for your precious baby and her family.
I love the little gold heart on her tummy.
Don't worry about e-mailing me until you have time. I wish I was back down there so I could do some meals too.
Wish my DIL could be Laurel's nurse in NICU. She loves all her little ones so much and gets so attached to them. But I am sure Laurel has the best of care.
Love and prayers for you all.

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

You are very blessed...