Wednesday, January 14, 2015

A New Year....and some resolutions.




Slowly the house is being cleaned and freshened. 

 Christmas was such a busy time....it feels WONDERFUL to slow down!!!!



Gone are the snowmen.....moving onward and upward!!!


A few resolutions....to finish UFOs and to use my stash!!!


Practicing my machine quilting....


Diminishing some of my FigTree fabrics.
I did not realize how much I had!!!


More machine quilting...


More UFOs being bound and displayed. 


Having lots of fun as I go along...


Practice may not make PERFECT, but I seem to do better with each quilt!!!


I am back to a full teaching schedule
...and treated myself to a NEW TEACHER BAG!!!

I just LOVE LOVE LOVE Cath Kidston!!!


Other resolutions....
To lose those "what was I thinking" Christmas lbs!!!

Is playing Sorry with your sweet Grandson considered aerobic????


5 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

How I wish I could quilt...I can't even sew and yes, I did try!

And you are a teacher. So is my 23 year old daughter. A newbie. She teaches English at a 90% Hispanic high school in Chicago. She loves it!

I know about the pounds. Actually did a fun post today about food and diets (among other things). Please stop by! :)

Jane x

Linda in Calif. said...

I love my quilts made from Fig Tree fabrics - and of course I love yours too. Nice quilting! And yes Sorry can be considered exercise if you do a lap around the table after each turn. :-)

Yvonne said...

Rosa loves that game too. She got one for Christmas! Love this Frozen version. Your house looks like it it ready for Spring. (I know I am!) Beautiful finished quilts you are showing and the bag is adorable!

Yvonne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kinz said...

I want your cabinet!!!!! It reminds me of the charming furniture over here.im gonna find me one amazing kitchen piece before we leave; I'm determined!