Wednesday, February 8, 2017

And Then......

The New Year began as it should. 
 I easily got all of the decorations put away. 
 I excitedly began making quilts for Valentines.

This would be a great month!!! 

We took Big Brother and Big Sister  "to be " on some excursions 
so Mom could get some much needed rest before 
the BIG DAY!!!!

All seemed well....and the excitement was building.

Every year the Hein family runs a one mile race at Legoland.

Even the VERY pregnant Mommy joined the a walker this year!!!

Oma and Grampie were there to cheer them on!!!

We stopped for a bite of breakfast even though I felt very little appetite. 
The lack of appetite continued into dinnertime. 

I thought it was a blessing and maybe a good way 
to eliminate some of the lbs I needed to loose. 

During the night I woke to the craziest whole body itching.  It was HORRIBLE. 
 That morning I woke with a headache, some nausea and off to Kaiser we went. 

I wasn't worried....I am NEVER sick. 

What I found out was that my liver was infected.  The itching came from 
the toxins that were not working thru my liver.  

Endless appts.  Endless bloodwork. 

First thought was that it was heapatitis.  That would be HORRIBLE and meant that I would NOT be able to go with Meghan when she delivered our newest Grandchild.

Then I found out it was NOT hepatitis....and the things it could be were MUCH worse. 

Endless fear, lots of tears, more appointements, more blood....and thankfully SO much prayer to get us thru this terrible time. 

I knew there would be a very slim chance that all would be well in time for the delivery.

While I was not there, it all went well. 

Meghan had a natural delivery with an amazing group of midwives and nurses.
 Dustin was there to support her 
and the most incredible office worker took the photos that I would not be there to take.

My first glimpse of our newest Granddaughter 
Taylor Joy
came the next day when the children brought her home.

I was able to peek....but no holding until the infection is shown to be gone.

There were plenty of people to cuddle Taylor for me....

....and they were more than happy to lend a hand. 

This family has gone from a family of four
to a family of five effortlessly!!! 

Oma Oma provided more snuggles....and life continued happily. 

Our sweet Donovan had his sixth birthday....

Everyone seemed to enjoy the great party. 

Little Miss even opened her eyes to take a peek!!!

Cupcakes were enjoyed....

Presents were opened....

....and it only seemed like yesterday our BIG BOY 

...was as tiny as his bitty bitty sister. 

My health is improving and we are all prayerful
that next weeks bloodwork will show the infection has gone.

That means endless snuggles.....
and great hope that Febuary is filled with only good things. 


Yvonne said...

What a lovely post filled with joy and Sally some worries too......
Glad you are feeling better and hope your recovery will go fast so you can cuddle that sweet Taylor!

Yvonne said...

I ment sadly of course.....not Sally ......

Meghan said...

Counting down the minutes until we get the best results! Love you and am looking forward to all the potential that spring has in store. I see lots of Oma and Grampie visits in mine and Taylor's near future. xoxo

Linda in Calif. said...

Oh I'm praying for you. I so feel for you having to stay away from the baby - but that's what love does. I do hope your test come back with healthy results. She's a BEAUTIFUL baby. Congrats!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.