Thursday, June 28, 2018

Wonderful Surpise.....






We spent a few days in North Carolina. 
 We had no plans,  and no set direction as to what to see and do. 
 Thank goodness for GOGGLE.

When I looked for the best gardens to visit in NC, I found this. 




What an incredible destination this proved to be. 

The home and gardens of the Reynolds family, 
built by the wealth of their tobacco fortune. 




The gardens were abundant in Spring blooms....




Lovely combinations of tulips and other colorful annuals. 




Beyond the formal gardens were the green houses abundant
 with orchids and other flowering plants. 




The Reynolds were very caring of their community. 

They built a lovely village of cottages for those that worked for them. 
Those cottages now have been reconstructed into darling shops. 




Each cottage was so very special. 




I could have happily made each one my home. 




I spent much time in the garden shop....




Fell in love with the adorable children's shop.....





....and they even had a quilt shop!!!! 




A final inhale of the lovely scent of lilacs, and we were back in the car. 




I had met some people who were also visiting the area. 
They shared with me that I must include Graylyn on our places to visit. 




They had me at the sign for Manor House....




.....and just like that we were transported to the Cotswolds. 

This is another private home built with tobacco wealth.
Now it is a luxury hotel. 





Truly a magical place to visit....and I am grateul for the memory. 





A lovely Spring destination....a lovely Spring trip. 


No comments: