Monday, September 29, 2008

Why.....




Besides the fun of birthdays, a new year becomes a moment in time to reflect on the life that  I have led.  Why have I been so blessed?
     I am so lucky to be married to someone who after all these years continues to make me feel loved and safe.  As a child I would go to Mass and spend time praying "for the man I would marry".  How could I have known that a child's prayer could be so richly answered.
     What I could never have dreamt was the joy of the two children who became our family. Now they are married and we have four children who we treasure with all our hearts. They continue to amaze and humble me with their kindness and generosity. It has been a huge blessing in my life.
     I am also grateful to have a husband who has worked hard to provide for us.  It has allowed me to "work" at a job that is more joy than burden.  When I first became aware of quilts, I could never have imagined the opportunity it would provide for me.  To work at Quilt in A Day and have Eleanor Burns become a friend as well as my boss is more than I could have dreamed.  I love my job.....I am blessed.
    But none of this would be possible without one of my greatest blessings in my life.  I have a Mom who has both nurtured me and been my dearest friend.  She is my hero, and at 86 continues to live an independent and full life. I can only hope that my children will feel about me, the way that I feel about her.
     So when the world seems overwhelmed with economic uncertainty, global crisis, and life can seem burdensome, I need only to reflect on the blessings I have been given.  A marriage that continues to satisfy, children that are the pride of my life, a job that brings me much joy and a Mom who continues to be my role model.  Yes, I have been Sew Blessed. 

1 comment:

Taria M. said...

YES! YES! YES!!!! I love counting blessings, even amidst fear and sadness there are many things to give God praise for. :) I'm so glad that God has blessed you with a wonderful husband, an incredible mom, and beautiful successful children. You're much deserving of all of those things. :) I miss you so much! Love you lots!