Monday, July 6, 2009

I want to be part of the club.....

In a moment of complete boredom this week, I turned on the TV and watched an episode of "Little House on the Prairie". All the girls wanted to join a club that was formed by the evil Nellie Oleson.
Laura succumbed to the "need" to be part of the group.....even when the club ridiculed her friend who had a stuttering problem. Haven't we ALL been there. Wanting to be part of a "fun group". Well, this is a roundabout way of sharing a delightful club, and Nellie Oleson need NOT apply!!!!
This club was created to encourage those of us who start quilts to FINISH them. A club just for me!!! No calls to Dr. Phil to get the serious help I need. Instead I joined the "Charming Girls Club" and the great news is you can join too!!!! I have a link to the left of my blog....so check it out.
These are my two projects to finish this month. I have a bit of quilting to complete, and a binding to do. I have hope this one will make the cut!

This is a quilt for the shop that features a new line we are carrying. It too needs to be finished, quilted and bound. I THINK I will get it completed and especially because I want to STAY in this club!!!!
So check it out....I think you will enjoy this club as much as I plan too. And more blog news! I won the most wonderful blog contest by my VERY favorite Anne Sutton from Bunnyhill!!! I get to pick out any one of her patterns that I want. I feel like the child in the candy store....I want that one and that one. So hard to make a decision.
So here is to a week of sewing and completing quilts. Hope you all enjoy your week....off to the sewing room!


6 comments:

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Can't wait to see your finished projects, and so glad we saved ya from Dr. Phil (giggle). Your new quilt is going to be SO CUTE! Glag you're joining us in the fun!

Cheryl said...

Hi Annie!!! I am going to be joining this club also. We are just back from vacation, tons going on so an email will be headed your way tomorrow. Love the projects that you have going there. ((hugs))

Carol R. said...

Hi Annie, welcome to the club! Just dropping by to say hello and cheer you on to the finish line.

CJ said...

Fun stuff! Now get busy with Nellie and Laura and Mary! :D

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Love your quilts! And congrats to you on the big win. I'm so happy you won!!!
Hugs

Unknown said...

Annie, You know I need to join this club. Help. To make matters worse I just saw the patternsof Melly & Me. Another distraction. Alice