Thursday, July 2, 2009

Summertime....and the living is BUSY!!!!

Life is definitely in Summer Mode. The garden is bursting in blooms, the barbeque is the preferred choice for dinner and lots of fun things to enjoy and look forward to.
Last weekend began the summer of fun Quilt Events. Starry Night Hollow is one of my favorite shops. It feels like home....sweet and cottagey. Kim not only provides the most wonderful quilt inspiration, but she feeds you!!!!
Yes she had doughnuts for breakfast and barbeque hamburgers for lunch. She filled her garden full of the most wonderful quilts and filled the back room of the cottage with the most unbelievable sales. I LOVE Kim....and I love the time I spend in her cottage.
Here is Kim and her equally adorable husband. He even pulled my ticket for the first prize. What a couple....what a shop!
After our visit to Starry Hollow, we went to pick up this cute lady at the Amtrak Station. I love that Mom had such a good time on her trip up North, and that she wants to go again. She continues to be an inspiration, and I hope I am as adventuresome and forward thinking when I am her age.
That weekend Jonathan and Jill hosted a wonderful picnic in honor of Jake's homecoming. Lots of fun and I had a chance to meet my new Grandchild. How cute is she....and destined to become quite a BIG girl!!!
I have squeezed in some time for quilting. This tabletopper needs a bit more quilting, a lot of buttons sewn on for the ladybug spots, and a binding. It will then wing it's way to a sweet ladybug that I love very much....hope she likes it!
Can't say enough good things about the Moda Bakeshop site. Oh my .....such inspiration and all those great free patterns. Needless to say I am knee deep in quilts that need to be quilted, so no more piecing for me until I play a bit of catch up.

But time for that is running out. The guest room is close to finished in preparation for all of the Dutch relatives that will come this summer. It will be so wonderful to see them all again....and hoping they have the best time visiting San Diego.
So that catches you up on what is going on at our home. I am ready for the 4th....and looking forward to the rest of our summer. Rumor has it that today is a beach day ( as was yesterday). Only problem is you would think at MY age, you would know you can still get sunburned on a cloudy day. OUCH!!! Happy Fourth....be safe and have lots of fun!





1 comment:

Lara Harris said...

Hi there!I did get your message regarding the strawberry painting, perhaps my reply message ended up in your spam folder? Anyway, the painting has been done on canvas panel so you would need to buy a frame.Please let me know if you are still interested in the next day or so, if not then I will re-list it for sale. Thanks so much!~Lara