Saturday, October 10, 2009

The sweet scent of Fall Baking....

The sign above the door says....."Friends and Family Gather Here". So please knock and come on in. I have been baking one of my favorite recipes. Would you like me to share? Of course I would be so happy to do so!
Annie's Pumpkin Bread

Dry ingredients

3 1/4 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
3 cups sugar


Wet Ingredients

2 cups pumpkin puree
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup water
4 eggs
Blend wet ingredients together, and then add to dry ingredients. Mix well, and if you like you can add some raisins and walnuts. Don't forget a pinch of love and pour into two greased loaf pans....and whatever I have left I put into muffin pans.
Bake at 350 degrees. The loaves take close to an hour and the muffins about 30 minutes.
Should make two loaves ( one for you and one for a gift) and enough muffins to snack on because you have to let the loaves cool before cutting!!!

3 comments:

Pam said...

Yum ...I'm gonna make your bread today. I love the pics of your decorating!!

Cheryl said...

Love your entry Annie..and the more than yummy recipe!!! All your Fall decorating photos from your previous post..WONDERFUL!!! My collection of Fall quilts is rather small and you have inspired me! Can't wait to see you at retreat in a few weeks...YIPEEEE!

Jacqueline Korteland Boller said...

Going to have to try the recipe! Peet's Coffee gave out samples when Kara and I went for some pumpkin lattes and it was all goood!