Monday, November 30, 2009

I have bought my first gift.....



The day began like most days.....trying to figure out ALL the things that need to get done. I wrote a list to keep me to task. The list was full of fun things like decorating Oma's home, and pulling out my Christmas quilts.
Yes, the Christmas season is here. The holiday music fills my heart with anticipation of all the joy that will fill the days to come.
But not everyone is that blessed and that is why I bought my first gift today. It is the gift of water...not an expensive gift, but it is a gift that will save lives. How can I ignore what is so critical to a child whose needs go beyond a simple Christmas toy.
As I look forward to the birth of our first Granddaughter, I cannot imagine how sad it would be to know that her life would be jeopardized by a lack of clean water. How can I ignore other children who are equally precious in their Grandmother's hearts ?
So today I made a contribution to http://water4christmas.com and I wonder if you can find it in your heart to do the same. $10 will provide clean water for a child for ten years. Is there any gift under our tree that could be more precious? I think of all the gifts I buy this year, this one will be the most joyous. I may not see the face of the child who receives my gift, but I know it will be a gift of life. How simple the giving, how great the reward.

2 comments:

SheilaC said...

Annelies I found a similiar site at
http://project320.blogspot.com/

Not sure if they are connected!

Sheila

Meghan said...

Wow! That's so neat Momma. I will look in to it with Dusty.