Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Chasing Spring....

We have been looking forward to a mini get away....looking for Spring in all the pretty places!
Our stay began at the Apple Farm. It is a frequent place to visit, and it never disappoints. They have been redoing some of the rooms and we were lucky enough to get to call this room home.....very Anthropologie inspired with soft floral walls and crisp white linens. We discovered that dreaming of flowers brings on a good nights rest!

We couldn't wait to get to our next destination....Filoli is a Public Trust House in the Bay area. The home is majestic and the gardens at this time of year are beyond description. I like to say it is like visiting England, without the jet lag.
Everywhere you look there are flowering trees, masses of tulips in every color, daffodils just beaming in the sunlight, and many spots to sit and reflect on the beauty.

There is great shopping too....lovely things for the home, and NO surprise, many things for the garden.
How is this for a perfect place to sit and contemplate the gift of Spring?
Even the local quilt shops were in Spring mode...and I came away from my visit with cute things to create and a mind full of inspiration!

The next day we were on our way to Napa....more flowers, a bit of wine collecting and a lovely picnic amongst the beauty of the countryside.
We walked under arbors of Wisteria.....
....and treated ourselves to something yummy at the Spring decorated pastry shop.
Our trip home was equally delightful. Back to the Apple Farm and the darling Easter decorations that fill every nook and corner.

A wonderful nights rest in yet another delightful room...this one had a quilter in mind. I loved it!!!!
But the best part of chasing Spring was when I met my favorite flower......

....and got to cuddle my "Sweet Pea". She is just cuter than cute, and so sweet that my heart bursts just to hold her.
We are all looking forward to this little ones first Easter...and it will be quite a celebration!
Our home will be filled with family sharing in God's gift, and the blessing of this sweet little girl. I am working hard to find a menu worthy of this special occasion. I wish everyone a Spring filled with flowers, family and most importantly a sense of renewal and a joyful spirit.

4 comments:

SheilaC said...

Annelies, love your pic with Clare :)

And your trip looked wonderful!

Sheila

Red Geranium Cottage said...

What a wonderful post. It is so springy made me wanna be there. I went to the Apple farm but never stayed there. Now I wish we would have. That first room is adorable. Loved the bakery the quilt shop, the gift shop.......the whole trip!!!!
And then that baby!!! OH MY WORD!!

Beverly said...

I am so envious of your Spring getaway. We love staying and eating at the Apple Farm. I love the changes they are making to the rooms. The one with the quilt was perfect for you.
Looking forward to seeing what goodies you found at quilt stores along the way.
But of course the best part was seeing you and your precious Clare.

Jacqueline Korteland Boller said...

Such a nice get-a-way!! I need one!!:)

I love that picture of you and Clare...hope to see her someday!!