Saturday, July 30, 2011

AHHHHwesome......


Our vacation was motivated by the fact that both of our children and their families
were on vacation.

You know what that meant....no babysitting, so we hit the road!!!!

First stop was the Getty Museum. I was more than impressed.


The exhibition on the "Life and Luxury" of Paris was so inspiring.

Of course no interior photos were permittted, but my mind is full of the images of their furniture, costumes and art.

Amazing!!!!



Our trip was all about relaxation....
which the Apple Farm always provides in abundance.


It was also about inspiration.

We drove Hwy 1 in both directions.

Big Sur is one of the most scenic drives you can imagine.



There was much to see on our road trip....
the Mission at Santa Barbara.


....and a smaller Mission style church in Montecito.


We visited the San Ysidro ranch....and they were setting up for a wedding.

Such a romantic spot.

Did you know that this is where
Jacqueline and John Kennedy spent their honeymoon????




We spent time in Carmel....
such a beautiful and quaint area of shops and cafes.

Also one of the most gorgeous beaches and coast.



I found my dream home...but more pictures in a later post.



....and when we weren't stopped at some fun destination,
I had my IPAD tuned into some great quilting sites!!!!


I got lots of knitting done too!!!!

More to share....hope you enjoy our mini trip too.

We sure had LOTS of fun!!!!


5 comments:

Meghan said...

Can we sell everything we own and buy that little house as a commune? Looks like another beautiful vacation. XO

Carol said...

I'm so happy that you're having such fun! What wonderful pictures.

Sandra said...

Looks like you are having a great time! Thanks for sharing all the beautiful photos:)

Jacqueline Korteland Boller said...

Looks like a wonderful excursion!! I keep meaning to play a trip to the Getty.

Karen, aka Yaya said...

OMG! I never knew the Kennedys honeymooned at the San Ysidro Guest Ranch.....so did Nick and I !!