Wednesday, January 11, 2012

New Year....new projects !!!


Christmas is finally put away....
all that remains are the dust bunnies
and some snowflake stuff that didn't make it into the vacuum cleaner.

Today was SUPPOSED to be devoted to more cleaning,
but why clean when you can play with your fabric stash instead!!!!
I think this poster says it ALL!!!!

SEW....instead I finished the borders on a Valentines quilt.


Here is the backing...cute huh?????



Digging deeper into my stash found this goodness....
I have been saving ( hoarding) for long enough.


I am hoping it will turn into this....how yummy!!!!


This is another group of goodness....
and maybe this is the year it will be turned into a Dresden Plate.

Did you know that Bunnyhill is hostessing a Sew Along?
Pretty much all the motivation I needed.

Not even sure in ALL my excitement that I shared this wonderful WIN!!!!

A whole collection of Pam Kitty Morning fabric...
thank you "Notes from the Patch" blog!!!

My friend Bev shared the win with me
and we are busily coming up with a perfect plan for the cutest quilt ever!!!!


Then I found time to visit Michaels today...and what did I find????
The cutest pouches that match the fabric
....had to come home with me.

Matching pen too,
to scribble down all those notes that I will need to remember!!!

So have you wondered if I finished anything lately...
YES I HAVE!!!!
Of course I think Clare will need to grow a bit more
before this sweater and hat fits.

...and one more coat to add to her collection.

It is looking like it will be a SEW wonderful year for quilting
and making things for Grandbabies.

Looking forward to it all very much!!!!

5 comments:

Elaine said...

Wow! The pinwheel and flower quilt is one I'm making right now for a friend's baby. The sweater's very cute also

Jacqueline Korteland Boller said...

Everything's beautiful!! Funny, I got my knitting/crocheting mojo back as soon as the holidays were over...

The Dease Family said...

I love, love, love Clare's coat! It is so stinking cute. She tried it on today and refused to take it off. Thank you for spoiling us, Oma!!!!

Yvonne said...

I LOVE your Valentine's quilt! So adorable and the new one you are going to make! I wish I could sew like you and make such cute coats, amazing that you can!

Beverly said...

Oh my! You put me to shame. You have been busy. Such cute projects. I can't wait to start our special one. Clare is such a doll even in her a little too big sweater and hat. Better to grow into than out of.
I will have to check out Bunny Hill. I am almost finished quilting her A Tisket A Tasket.