Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Needing an Intervention....


Working in a quilt shop is both a blessing and a curse.

I LOVE my students and teaching is such a joy,
but the temptation....oh my!!!!


This week we had project bags marked to 50 cents...yes please.
So I bought five which seemed reasonable....
( considering I had a nice collection already).


The DOWNFALL...fabric sales!!!!

I have NO WILLPOWER,
and to be honest, would YOU be able to say NO
when the fabrics ended up being $3.75 per yd????

Did you recognize some Moda's, Michael Miller, Riley Blake????

It is not a problem to collect ( HOARD) fabrics....
my sewing stash used to look like this.

Seems reasonable and organized.



It now looks like this...
overflowing, a mish mash of goodness,
but spilling out from each cubicle!!!



No complaints....but I am a bit worried.
I have to go back tonight and the sale is still going on (G)!!!

But the good news is that having a HUGE stash makes for some fun quilting.

I think this might be my newest favorite quilt,
and the good news is
I used up lots of stash!!!!


3 comments:

Sew Pretty Dresses said...

I love your blog! I have had the music rolling all evening. =D I love flower sugar and PKM just like you!

Yvonne said...

What a beauty of a quilt you ar making! I totally understand what you mean if I see the pictures of the shop! And those prices! We pay about $ 25 a yard!
When it is that cheap, you have to buy and stash!

Beverly said...

All I can say, is that is is a good thing all the fabric was gone when I was there. You scored some great deals. Any quilter would have grabbed those up for her stash. I go to my stash for a little of this and a little of that even when I think I have planned well. We must have our stashes...
Love the quilt in your picture. You get so much done because you have that stash and don't have to run to the store...so have I made my point?lol
As we've both said before, we would be dangerous if we got together more often. Can you say enabler?