Saturday, August 17, 2013

Knit one...Sew too



 My Mom likes to say that I came into this world 
with a mindset that 
" there has to be an easier way".

It is TRUE.

I spend as much time trying to figure out how to make things work easier...
when often it would be easier to just DO IT.





I love to knit....I HATE to do the finish work.
 I had a lightbulb moment.

  Couldn't I just use my sewing machine to sew my knit pieces together.
It worked PERFECTLY!!!!




Which is why I have now finished TWO sweaters
 that have been sitting on the bottom of my knitting bag.  





I am guessing that this is NOT the way my Mom would do things....




....but I am SEW happy to have found my "easier way". 




6 comments:

sunny said...

Very cute. And FINISHED!!! That's what counts.

Yvonne said...

What a great idea! I don't like putting the parts together too! It never come out the way I wanted it. I will try this the next time!

Jacqueline Korteland Boller said...

Very clever!! I'm assuming you used heavy enough thread so it doesn't pull apart. Sweaters are so cute! I hate finishing too!

Leesie said...

That's funny ... I realized long ago that I don't enjoy knitting that much, but I really do enjoy the finishing portion! Maybe we can work something out ;)
xo

Podunk Pretties said...

Wish I had thought of that years ago when making sweaters for my daughters dolls. Cute sweaters!

Candace said...

I have taken in a couple of sleeves with knit bought sweaters this way too.