Thursday, September 11, 2014

To Never Forget.....




There are still so many stories to tell you about our time in Europe.  
This one touched my heart like no other. 



We stayed at the most delightful Bed and Breakfast. 

in Kinsale, Ireland was not only cozy,
 but the home of Tom and Chrissie.




In the morning we were invited to breakfast. 
 What I saw caught me off guard.....



On the side of this hutch was a memorial to those lost on 9/11.

I was deeply touched.

 Even more so when Tom ( who is a retired policeman) 
shared with me that all those patches were brought 
by families that stayed with them when they 
visited the "Garden of Remembrance". 



Far from New York is a peaceful garden.  
A view that was both inspiring and serene. 
There the village of Kinsale planted a tree for each responder that lost their life.

They also built this monument in remembrance. 



A place for families to grieve and to leave mementos...
and to know that even though they are far from home, the world remembers. 



I expected to see wonderful things in Ireland. 
It is a magical place.

It was more wonderful than I could have imagined.




I did not expect to see this....and yet it will be the memory that stays in my heart forever. 



Each small flower was a remembrance....of a time that should never be forgotten.

Thank you Kinsale.
 Thank you Chrissie and Tom.  

I was just checking out the link to the B&B
and I am in AWE that they
have included a video that my husband Jim
made of the memorial.

Be sure to see it...and say a prayer for all those
that perished, and for all those that were left to face such loss.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

This needs no more words, just thoughts.