Friday, September 5, 2014

Flower Girls....




Our sweet litle girls are going to be Flower Girls.
...and they were in need of a special dress.

With one little Miss very tall, and one little Miss very petite,
 Mommy was not having much success finding dresses.

Four dresses were delivered and four were returned. 
SEW Oma volunteered to get on it.....and off to the fabric store I went.  




I used this pattern.

 The only time I questioned whether I should be doing this
 was when the lady cutting the material told me
 she would NEVER attempt working with this fabric. 

I took a deep breath and decided to hope for the best.  




It went together very easily....
and thanks to my ruffler, it was much easier than I thought it would be.

Because the dress has such simple lines,
I thought it needed a bit of something...
a fabric rose and sash.
Perfection!!!!



I added another fabric rose to a headband....
SEW simple and I hope so stylish!!!!



My little ones came for a fitting....and I think they are going to work out perfectly !!!

Clare was happy they did not itch. 
 I guess that is what little Flower Girls hope for (G)!!! 

The pearls were Clare's idea....such a girlie girl!!!



It was time for a relaxing lunch in the garden.....


Always the best time when we can all join together.  



Two cute little girls and their very happy Momma.

It was a SEW perfect kind of day.  


5 comments:

The Dease Family said...

Clearly the lady cutting the fabric didn't know who she was talking to. These dresses are AMAZING. They are perfect, beautiful dresses that my girls can't wait to wear. Thank you so much for taking this on. I am always grateful for your willingness to sew for the girls. I never want to take advantage of your talents, but when you create such beautiful dresses, shirts, etc. I can't help myself.

Yvonne said...

I can not imagine you could buy them any cuter! These are so darn cute! Great job Annelies!

Leesie said...

Annelies, you never cease to amaze me! The dresses could not be any more perfect... Hoping to see a follow up photo of them in the wedding party!
See you soon -
xo

Elizabeth and Gary said...

absolutely beautiful!!! I love the dresses and your little ones look adorable! Perfect ready...
I love sewing for the little ones, they always look so darn cute.
Have a sweet day, Elizabeth

Meghan said...

Oh, they look SO cute on!!! You are so incredibly talented. xoxo