Thursday, July 2, 2015

So Where Have I Been.....





My life has pretty much consisted of this....making choices. 

Sleepless nights of hoping I have selected the right colors 
and packing, packing and more packing. 



It began smoothly, finding an electrician to put up new lighting.

After pricing wood flooring, we decided to have our tile floors redone.
It was a GREAT choice. 
 Affordable and our tile floors look like new. 




We love our new lights....reminds me of the Churches we visited in Holland. 




Then the chaos began. 

 Painters stormed our house,
 everything that could be removed had to find a place somewhere else!




Our bedroom looks like this....




....and every other room not being worked on looks like this!!!!




I find solace in sitting outdoors where life seems much more calm. 




Life hasn't all been about redoing our home. 

Our sweet Laurel became THREE!!!


Emme followed by becoming TWO!!!

One of her gifts was her Mommy's Bitty Baby which I cleaned and wrapped up
 along with all of Bitty Babies vast array of clothes and accessories. 



It did not take long for her Mommy instincts to kick in!!!




There was a wonderful ballet recital....



How adorable is my bitty Ballerina???




We had a fun day at the water park....




....followed by a lovely picnic with Grampie. 




Yes, I even find some time to SEW!!!  

While the painters have taken over the house, 
I hid in my sewing room and completed SIX skirts!!!

It has all been very overwhelming, but I am grateful.
Not only for the gift of renewing our home ( carpet is next), 
but hopefully that YOU have forgiven me for my absence.  

XXX




6 comments:

Hollie said...

How fun(and so stressful I'm sure)! I cannot wait to see after pics. I bet it looks amazing. Hoping your summer is off to a wonderful start. XO

sunny said...

Looks like you're keeping busy! Enjoy those little ones.

Yvonne said...

O my....I know that feeling of absolute chaos! The best thing to do is keep calm and sew probably! Good for you that you managed to do that in between the birthdays and fun outings! How big the girls are getting and so sweet in their ballet dresses! I know you have been counting your blessings! Your house is going to look lovely and the new light sure does look like an antique Dutch!

Meghan said...

I can't wait to see how it all turns out. Well worth every moment of chaos! xoxo

Leesie said...

Gosh -- what a wonderful (and hectic) time! Everything looks wonderful -- think about how great it will be when it is all done -- lucky YOU! Sending you big hugs and we are thinking about coming up to see your mom soon -- hoping to see you too.
xoxo

Kinz said...

LOVE your back yard!!!!! that fountain!