Friday, May 29, 2009

This and That....

At times I feel like I accomplish so little.....but maybe it is because I get the wrong kind of help!! What is it about quilting and kitties and why does Bailey always choose to be my helper when I least need her around? 
Eleanor's son Orion asked me if I would make a quilt for the newest quilt book, and proof the instructions as I went along.  He invited me to take my pick of any of the fabrics in the shop and this just jumped out at me.  Or maybe it pirouetted ??? 
I had lots of fun working on this quilt design and had it quilted and bound in time for the meeting this week.  I love the mitered border with all of the cute ballerinas dancing in a line by the ballet barre. 
This is the next in line to be quilted....and I can't wait.  Part of the delightful problem of working at a publishing company is that you can't purchase a pattern without feeling the need to redo it.  So this was created in homage to Anne Sutton....a favorite designer of mine. I tweaked this and changed that and threw in a few bunnies.  Now  I can't wait to finish it. 
....and finally I unpacked my Julian tote and decided I had better finish some projects before I start some new ones.  This again was my interpretation of a pattern I had. Wouldn't it just be easier to make the quilt the way it is supposed to be and not change the whole thing? I just purchased the cutest backing ( green polka dots....of course) and hope to get this one quilted soonest.  Just screams SUMMER!!!!

      I leave you with a final project.....and one this beggining knitter is so proud of.  I used a size 8 needles and two complimentary light weight yarns. 
      You knit the first two rows.  Row 3 is simply a k, yo, k, yo all the way to the end.  Row 4 is a knit, drop the yo, k, drop the yo and continue to the end.  Row 5 is a knit all the way and then repeat rows 3, 4, and 5 til you are happy with the length. Finish by knitting the last two rows.  
      The sample I saw had yummy silk ribbons tied to the ends of the scarf, and I may do the same. 
      Good news is that I am not clever enough to change knitting patterns.....but I am sure in due time I won't be content to follow those instructions either!!!





3 comments:

Rhondi said...

Hi
Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It is always a pleasure to meet a fellow quilter.
Rhondi

Cheryl said...

Love all your projects Annie!!! The quilt for the book is so sweet.
I am laughing, my sons dog (my furry grandson) name is Bailey, who we had here for a few days!!! Do you suppose they could be friends :-)?!

Dandelion Quilts said...

HOW PRETTY! I love the colors.