Wednesday, June 13, 2018

So Many Things to Enjoy.....



One thing I can tell you about meals in the South....
the food is plentiful and it is all delicious. 




The line to get into the Farmer's Daughter....
but believe me it is worth it. 




 Everything is served family style and you can ask for seconds! 
( Oh My )  




Yes.....these are just a few of the dishes that are brought to your table. 

Jim is looking mighty pleased. 




I was too.  Best Fried Chicken you can ever enjoy. 




Dessert....yes please. 
Frightening to know anyone can consume this meal and live to tell the tale!




There are so many fun local places to eat. 

This  is a home that converts to a cafe ......
everything served by the family that lives there.

So cute to see the youngsters take your order, 
bring your meal and we were always greeted with a hello sir and maam. 





We discovered the delight of Hush Puppies....




....and the decliciousness of fresh crab cakes. 




But always for me, it was about the fried chicken. 

YUMMO!!!! 





Lots of cute finds as we travelled. 
 This is a soda counter in Boone, North Carolina. 



With a final dinner in Jonesborough before traveling home, 
we celebrated a great stay with some increible Tiaramasu.  

Now direct me to a support group 
to help me loose some of these added pounds!!!


1 comment:

Yvonne said...

O my that food! It is just so irresistable! I know I am going to gain a few unwanted ponds in the coming weeks....
Glad you had such a good time!